Matt has honored me with the Thinking Blogger Award. As he says on his blog, it is a nice way to recognize some of the many great blogs out there and it originated here. Once you've been tagged, it is your turn to select, in no particular order, 5 blogs that have blessed you for one reason or another and tag them. Thanks, Matt! I appreciate you considering my blog a place worth visiting!
Here are the five blogs that I would recommend to you:
- Milton at don't eat alone- Milton is an amazing writer, a professional chef and the husband of a pastor. He has a heart for the situation in Darfur and poetry in his soul. I cry 99% of the time when I read his blog. When I grow up, I want to write like Milton.
- Jan at A Church for Starving Artists- Also a wonderful writer, Jan is a pastor at a church here in the Washington Metro area. Her perspective on what the church SHOULD be and the moments when it is almost there, bless me every time I read her blog. I appreciate the perspective of a female in full-time ministry and we also happen to have similar tastes in authors and political perspectives!! Love Jan's blog!
- Neil at Broken Bonds, Loosed Chains- you knew I had to mention Neil's blog! Neil is my pastor and my friend. I appreciate his perspective on everything and his deep love of our Lord. I have recently been inspired by his disciplined training for a marathon and the way that he has chronicled that journey on his blog. Neil is a bad influence on me in terms of all the books he recommends. We share a love of reading and Amazon has really appreciated Neil's presence in my life!
- Emily at Art & Nonsense- Emily is my twenty-something artist friend who keeps me young and energized. She is a student at the Corcoran School of Art and an amazing artist, writer and friend. We share a love of Jesus and an intolerance of mean people and bull****. Emily can create art with many mediums; check out how she paints with words on her blog.
- Laura at Two Boys, Ages 4 and 6- This is my precious sister-in-law, writing about her adventures with my two nephews. If she and my brother ever split up, I might just keep her instead of him! She is one of the smartest people I know and VERY funny! Living life with two ENERGETIC little boys makes for some very funny blog entries. What she hasn't shared on the blog is that she is expecting #3 in September! I guess she will have to change the name of her blog! Although she doesn't write about it, I also appreciate Laura's perspectives on our shared Christian journey and the current situation in the PCUSA.
So, there they are, in no particular order, 5 blogs that I visit regularly and love! 5 very different, but equally gifted writers. Thanks again, Matt! By the way, I also love Matt's blog!